BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11966 Post(s)
Liked 6,632 Times in 3,478 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
It's not the disagreement. It's the nastiness. If you can't see that, there's no discussion to be had.
Originally Posted by TimothyH
The road bike forums is by far the nastiest on this website.
-
Originally Posted by bruce19
I'm on a couple other bike forums and whenever BF comes up there is a discussion of the hostility of the people here. I don't think that's generally true but some responses get personal and, I think, that's obvious. One can debate or disagree without attacking people.
Originally Posted by TimothyH
I mentioned BF on a group ride and someone said, "There's a bunch of *******s at that website."

It is a core group, just a few people who are consistent in their behavior and it doesn't take someone calling people clowns to set them off. All it takes is a simple question or mistaken assumption and they immediately attack.

Bullies will always exist but the herd mentality is strong and some I've had respect for have joined the stampede.
-
See, these are the guys I’m interested in, the kind that give BF a bad name. Just push the red button to anonymously drop us a dime. They’ll straighten up or ship out. Poof.