View Single Post
Old 06-09-20, 10:18 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingFool95
No real issue - a little snobbery I suppose, combined with circumstance. I picked it up in 2018, when Potenza was still power torque but Centaur was UltraTorque. I bought it for a re-build of a bad weather bike which was running my spare 8 speed Chorus at the moment. Decided the bike didnt really fit me right, and ended up with a Colnago Master in Art Decor. Given that I was already using 2015+ Chorus 11s on my other bike, seemed a shame to put Centaur on it. 3 bikes with Chorus later, the Centaur group is still homeless - if it had been silver, I'd have gladly put it on my 87 Pinarello, which instead got 10s Chorus. It's really not a bad group - doesnt have the fit anf finish of Chorus, and packs some extra grams, but all the reviews say performance is very good. Ultimately, it'll probably end up on my indoor trainer bike just to get away from the Shimano that's on it.
There was a beautiful colnago master light in art deco that was a pearl white with blue airbrushing that I always wanted, could see with that bike wanting something better.