holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
As I tried to establish some posts ago, Tunisia ≠ Southern California. What you espouse as "safer positioning" I classify as "suicidal."

BTW, An "irrational fear" is being afraid of earthworms, or terrified of ghosts. Being wary of getting hit by a car is not a fear, much less an irrational one. It is a genuine concern. It happens to cyclists every day.

Afraid means you don't go out and ride on roads-- plenty of people chose this option. I do not. I also do not recommend people engage in behavior that is willfully dangerous.

Taking the lane as a matter of right might work there. It absolutely does not here.
What happens when you do it ? On what basis do you claim it doesn't work 'there' ?
Suppose you have to ride on unsafe roads, what do you do ? How does your riding look like ?
You cannot simply disqualify a thesis merely on the basis that the person claiming is living in a different country.
I called the fear of taking the lane irrational because it leads to sticking to the right side which puts you in even more danger.
Likes For holytrousers: