View Single Post
Old 07-19-20, 04:38 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
It's true that most cyclists hug the right edge... and that's where most are hit.
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
Who said it did? Although hugging the right edge could certainly legally be considered riding FRAP. As could taking the lane when appropriate. VC is compatible with FRAP. FRAP laws do not ever require riding in an unsafe position at the right edge.

If you're distinguishing FRAP from hugging the right edge, why did you throw that at people arguing for FRAP then? As a factual matter, I think it's a false "fact" that you just made up. I don't see anyone "hugging" anything where I ride, so I really have no clue what you're arguing against.

And no, VC is not compatible with FRAP. They're fundamentally opposed. When I take the lane, I am doing it because that's as FRAP for that particular section of road. I am not practicing VC when I do it because VC is a doctrinaire opposition to riding to the right of the traffic lane. If you don't get that contradiction, I can see why you might be surprised by why this gets heated.