View Single Post
Old 04-23-19, 09:33 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by sargia18
I am sure you have some experience and know of issues that Tern bicycles have.. But what if I can't afford a Dahon or a Brompton? Isn't Tern my best bet? And what about the other brand, which I can't find any reviews about?
Affordability between Tern and Dahon is a non-issue. Both produce models with overlapping price points. If you can afford one, you can afford the other. Brompton is a horse of a different color entirely. Actually Brompton isn't even a horse if we are using that analogy. Brompton is a Zebra. The other brand ... unless I way miss my guess, it is low end and beneath contempt. Not worth reviewing. That is not the same as not worth buying. But ... am I wrong, your aim here is to impress? I cannot fault another posters advice to consider a Dahon Boardwalk. But maybe better than that is to buy 'the girl' something more ... personal. Perfume? Maybe a trip. IF you choose to ignore my advice (formed out of experience) at least take the girl shopping for the bike. Let her choose it. If she goes for a Tern Verge D18, you deserve it, because I warned you to buy her the 'Opium' perfume instead. FWIW.