Old 12-26-19, 11:05 AM
iBugz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was looking to get my first folding bike, and came across the same Costco sale. Got Zizzo Liberte without doing any research. The first one came in and was damaged during shipping with untied parts in the box. Costco was great exchanging it immediately. The second one also came in a box that was damaged, but the bike inside was packaged OK with no broken parts. Not Costco's fault, but I think the packaging could be a bit better, tighter. There is no protection in that box from side bumps, and I would think that cross-continent shipping would leave a lot these boxes, if not bikes, damaged.
If not for the great sale, I wasn't even considering Zizzo (was about to get Giant Expressway 2). But now I am a Zizzo owner, and saved a few hundred in the process. It looks great, folds easily, hope it works well in the long run. I'll probably take it to the shop to make sure all parts are aligned properly, as I have no experience with folders whatsoever.
I do have a couple of questions though: is it safe to store on a balcony during NYC winter?