View Single Post
Old 03-09-20, 10:39 AM
BWB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Steamer
As I said, I'm pretty sure. Very few questions posed in this forum are in the context of off road unless said so explicitly.

Have you used a suspension seatpost on your road bike? If so, did it seem to make a difference? I have been eyeing the Kinekt. For it to be helpful on the road, it would have to be responsive to small bumps - the kind you don't post out of the saddle for. But I am worried about it bobbing too much in normal pedaling.
Fair enough.

My last true skinny-tired road bike was a Moots softtail. That design is stictionless, meaning always moving, such that it erases or at least severely mutes small bumps.

My current road bike has much bigger tires run at much lower pressures, and I don't ride it much on pavement: I'm too terrified to get squished by inattentive drivers. So I ride it on bike paths, abandoned rail grades, occasional gravel and even more occasional light trail. And for all of my commutes. I have the Kinekt on this bike. It is at least as small-bump sensitive as the Moots system, but with more travel thus more isolation from medium hits, too.

Bob -- as you put it -- is a valid concern with any suspension system. Kinekt gives good info on how to tune the vast majority of it out. And you also adapt -- learn how to smooth out your stroke, accelerations, etc...

They aren't for everyone. No *one* product or solution is. I wouldn't enjoy riding as much as I do, and hence wouldn't ride as much as I do, if I didn't have one.