View Single Post
Old 03-11-20, 04:22 PM
Roadies_Rok

Bikes: Litespeed Arenberg Road Bike; Specialized Crossroads XC Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Well Folks, I think I have figured out which tires I am going to put on my bike. I have been doing my research and have narrowed it to the Continental Speed Ride or the Schwalbe Spicer, or the Panracer Pasela Commuting. To be honest the Speed Ride looks like a good tire but I am leaning towards the Schwalbe Spicer due to it being more of a "slick" tire and having a more comfortable ride.

One thing I absolutely have to do right now is get a new saddle for my bike. I went for another ride today and was in agony. I took a close look at the saddle that is on the bike now and the plastic shell that the foam is stretched over is is broken in several places and has totally collapsed. As usual the **** LBS's here where I live have nothing in my price range and absolutely nothing I want so I have to mail order a saddle and wait for it to be delivered to me. I ordered a WTB Volt Comp saddle from Amazon and if I get lucky and Amazon has it in one of their local warehouses I may get it by this weekend and if not I will have to wait until next week. It is a continual source of annoyment to me that LBS's carry what THEY want people to buy and NOT what people want to buy or need but that's not on me.

To be honest I may hold off on buying the tires. The Specialized Crossroads tires on my bike now aren't that bad so I may let them go for a while. When I put the new tires on I'll update everyone. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.