Old 06-21-20, 07:04 PM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 343 Posts
Originally Posted by eflayer
2019 Roubaix is the bar end. 2020 Roubaix is integrated into the molding of the frame and now in the downtube. under the stem is first phase and the least aesthetically please but maybe the easiest to deal with if any wrenching is needed.
I wondered how that worked, mounted into the frame. This looks practical, with all the junction wires in the frame and it's easily serviceable with removing one screw.

You can easily see the status lights while riding.
I do check the charge level on my 6800 under stem box. Just hold a shift button for more than a second and the box shows four levels of charge: green: 100-50%, blinking green: 50-25%, red:25% to minimal, blinking red: almost out.

I recharge soon after it shows blinking green. No need to let it run down farther. I just installed a replacement seatpost battery, after 5 1/2 years. The old one still worked, but it had to be recharged quite often.

Di2 was stupidly expensive back in Sept 2014, when I got the new bike. But it's been worth it, I really like the instant, drama free shifting. And the shifters and derailleurs are working like new. No noticeable wear in the derailleur pivots and it still shifts perfectly.

Last edited by rm -rf; 06-21-20 at 07:13 PM.
Likes For rm -rf: