Old 07-06-20, 03:50 PM
Roadies_Rok

Bikes: Litespeed Arenberg Road Bike; Specialized Crossroads XC Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
The Difference A Tire Makes

I've been riding and enjoying my Litespeed Arenberg for about 2 months now and have always had in the back of my head getting different tires once I got enough mileage on or wore out the Michelin Pro4 Service Course 700 x 23 tires and sooner came rather than later on Sunday. I was pumping the tires to go for a ride and I noticed bulges in the sidewalls and that the latex was shreding off the sidewalls (the tires have skinwalls) and right then and there I figured it was time to get new tires on the bike before i blew one out carving a turn.

I knew which tires I want to use, the Continental Ultra Sport II in size 700 x 25 and I went out today and bought a set. I actually got the Ultra Sport III (slightly different tread pattern) and put them on my bike and went out for a test ride and OMG what a difference!! Using my go to pressure calculator Bicycle tire pressure calculator I was able to lower the pressure about 10 lbs in each tire and oh man what a difference a tire can make! Anyone who has seen my posts knows what a fan boy I am for Ti bikes well the Ti bike with the wider tires/lower pressure I thought I had gone to heaven. I can't want to get out and hammer tomorrow.