WizardOfBoz
Generally bewildered

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 6.9, 1999 LeMond Zurich, 1978 Schwinn Superior

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 251 Posts
Can I edit Garmin Connect Trips

We have a great place to bike near Philly - the Schuykill River Trail. It's an old railroad right-of-way. My wife drive a half hour to get there, but we can go 20, 30, or even 50 miles with minimal road crossings, pretty level grade, and beautiful views.

The only problem is that when I do this trip I often forget to click the old Garmin on (no solution for that) or off. What I'd like to know is whether there's an option with Garmin Connect to edit the trip to remove the car ride home I erroneously capture (although 60 miles at 30mph - I have to be KOH, right?). You can edit the summary data. I don't want that. I want to edit the route by chopping off that last half-hour.

As an aside, I'd like to do analytics. Like "How fast was I going during the interval from mile x to mile y", and so forth.

Best approach? I'm reasonably computer comfortable (perhaps even savvy) and so I could (if required) write Python or Julia scripts to manipulate a trip database file. But if someone has already done this it would be better.

Thanks