View Single Post
Old 10-14-19, 11:01 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
I haven't let the cold temps stop me yet. I'm in Wisconsin and the last three nights have been pretty cold. I think last night it was in the high 30's when I went but it was colder the other night because it was a lot windier on the 11th. Last night there wasn't much wind. I'm right off Lake Michigan but the wind has been from the west lately.

I just bundle up and it's no big deal. But I'm only going around 2 miles for some mild exercise. Nothing like what some of you probably do. I don't plan on stopping, although I'm not really sure what I'm going to do once the roads get icy or snowy. I'm not sure I have the right tires for it or not.

I'll say this, it's been windier than normal and my legs are getting more of a workout the last few nights.

If you guys have any tips on tires, I'm all ears. My main two bikes are a chinese Schwinn cruiser with the stock tires and I also ride a mid 90's schwinn mountain bike that I put more like street tires on it. I actually feel like the cruiser tires are better when I go over gravel. They make the bike feel more stable. I think it's cuz they don't have much of a curve to them and the mountain bike tires I have on there are a lot more rounded.

Here's a pic from the night of the 12th (last pic).