Old 01-29-20, 10:15 AM
cadillacmike68
Campy NR / SR forever

Bikes: 1977-78 Raleigh Professional - bought new, 1987 Shogun 400 (for the lady)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I bought my first "vintage" bike in 1974 75 or 76. I was in my teens and it wasn't a "vintage" bike then because it was a new Raleigh Super Course MK II. I bought my last "vintage" bike, the Raleigh Pro in 1978, but again it was new. There were a few in between, stolen or sold but I still have the Pro. That bike became "vintage" over the years. In 1987 I bought the shogun (new) for the boss lady. It was the only bike with full size 27" wheels that was small enough to fit her. Look at the head tube in the pics. That bike also became vintage over time as well.

The kitchen background pics are 5 year old photos. I have since "corrected" the Pro by putting the original bone crusher Brooks Team Pro saddle back on and by getting real Campy brake hoods. And then I "de-corrected" by getting some 1978 Super Record parts like changers, brake levers, pedals, seat post, etc.as in the outdoor photo. Otherwise the Pro is just as when purchased, except for the tires of course. I still have the original Sakae bars for the Shogun too, but she likes those triathlon bars.

So I guess we grew into the vintage bike phenomenon. Modern bikes do Nothing for me.

Last edited by cadillacmike68; 01-29-20 at 10:31 AM.
Likes For cadillacmike68: