Old 08-04-20, 11:59 PM
shnibop 

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 22 Posts
FS. 3Rensho, Full Dura Ace AX, pantographed bits

Alright, time has come to let another 3Rensho free.

Pictures first, then details...

3Rensho Super Record Export by alex ries, on Flickr

Full album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskS6ULpC

Frame measures:

Seat tube: 59cm center to center (60cm to top)
Top tube: 57.5cm center to center

This bike was purchased from BF member Vonduren a couple years back. Not sure where he acquired it but this bike had been displayed in a "famous" bike shop out here on the west coast. Can't recall the name at the moment.

Since acquiring the bike, I've sourced a proper Shimano AX bottle (the one pictured has been replaced with a nicer used one which includes the cap). I sourced the little blue cones that plug the allen heads on the brake calipers, the set screw for the seat post cradle and that is probably about it. I had sourced NOS brake hoods, an NOS Profil version of the saddle in the same color and NOS Dura Ace headset with the clear rubber "aero" cap, but those all have been sold and were never installed.

I have not ridden much at all unfortunately, but I know Vonruden gets out and rides quite frequently and I'm sure he put plenty of good miles on it.

The frame has been repainted by Cyclart sometime in the past, years ago (there is a decal present, not pictured). It is still in very fine shape, I feel the patina is just right. Decals used appear to be the track frame decals (slightly larger lettering). I've owned a factory painted frame in the same color and the match is darn near perfect. No rust, no dents or dings.

The components show signs of use for sure, they are in perfectly functional shape but do have scrapes and scars here and there. The stem has a fairly nice scratch to the anodizing unfortunately.

Tires are Vittoria Corsa tubulars with tons of life left. The headset is a Stronglight unit.

I'm asking $1700 net to me. Shipping via shipbikes.com, and I use the XShipper box (new and the best in the industry).

Unfortunately, if the bike doesn’t sell within a reasonable time I will part it out. I hate to do it as it has changed hands a few times as a complete bike with the pantographed bits, it would be a real shame to split everything up.

Last edited by shnibop; 08-05-20 at 10:46 AM.