Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
I think Cardiac Drift could be more interesting as a punk band name or the 8th installment of the Fast and Furious franchise.

fstrnu. I know I am going to hate myself for asking but what is the goal of this training for you, both on the spin bike and in relating it here. Training implies preparing oneself for a goal. Do you have a goal other than the training itself? One problem with only indoor spinning is there is no end point other than say maintaining X rpm for Y minutes or some other such thing. Undefined fitness goals as you seem to be chasing only lead to overuse issues and fitness addiction disorders. Concrete real world goals moderate those tendencies. Otherwise you are training to train which is an unending cycle.
<snip>
This is an interesting observation. I think most of the other posters on here have outlined their current goals, which is kind of them. I suppose I should follow suit. My main goal is not to wind up a weak old man who can't do for himself. I'm into putting that off as long as possible. In pursuit if that goal, I have intermediate goals:

I'd like to keep on keeping up with folks 10 years younger as long as I can.

In pursuit of that goal, I train for some long endurance rides every summer, down to a 154 mile max now. I've quit the doubles and 400ks. The local double's gotten ridiculously expensive and the mountain 400s are really too hard for me now, at least to ride them the way I'd want to. I never enjoyed just pootling along, beating the cutoff. I don't love riding in the dark. I do like to rock 'n roll.