Old 12-14-23, 09:13 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3908 Post(s)
Liked 4,864 Times in 2,244 Posts
Be diligent in selecting Home Health Care

the thread on growing old got me thinking, and decided to pass this tid-bit on.

Staying with 87 yo FiL while he rehabs from 7 weeks of ICU/Hosp/Rehab. Home health nurse visits a week ago, and is face mask hesitant even tho her patient is just out of rehab, still on 2 liters O2 24/7, with chest congestion and nebulized breathing treatments twice daily. The 2nd visit, I have to remind her again and she becomes confrontational when told it is a household requirement for all visitors.

you don't want to hear the details of the interaction, I stayed 10 feet away from her 'space'. Just be reminded that there are a lot of bad/ burned out/ intolerant people in Home Health Care. They seem to get the personnel fallout from more intensive care institutions. I have made this input to her home health care agency thru their Contact Us. Heard nothing in 48 hours, so i gave them Zero stars online review with calm, accurate info. They lost a customer. Never have I had a confrontational interaction with a health care professional over something as minor as putting on a mask. Protect our seniors, who are vulnerable.