Old 04-21-17, 05:46 PM
EBikeFL 

Bikes: 2012 Kona Lanai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First, you need to ask yourself whether you were asking too much from the Currie motor or was it the motor itself that was bad. Every motor and motor setup has its limits. If you just switch to another motor without addressing why the Currie motor failed then the same issues will likely surface with the new motor.

Assuming the Currie motor was the issue. Then I would recommend using the 48v/1000w Papamotor kit. Only now the Ping battery delivery will likely take eight or more weeks to arrive. You may want to just purchase everything but the battery and source the battery locally such as from lunacycle.com.

I would also recommend purchasing a Cycle Analyst from ebikes.ca.

This is a start.

Originally Posted by Mr152
I have a 2014 izip E3 Dash from Currie and have been through 3 warranty replacements on the motor. Now I'm out of warranty and the motor is starting to show signs of failing again soon. I'm wondering if the the Papa Motor's 48v/500w hub motor can be a direct replacement. I don't if the connector is the same and also if the throttle, battery, etc. would be compatible. The other option is to order their complete conversion package to upgrade to 48v/1000w. Anyone have experience with any of this?
Soylent Green is People!