View Single Post
Old 04-21-20, 06:41 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by bennybenny
I agree, lifting can be detrimental to biking, and in my opinion, boring. The Crossfit I've taken sort of leans you out, not bulks you up, and hit areas like legs and core that I never really hit.

I still think sustainable, long term nutrition is the key to weight loss, biking, crossfit, running, etc helps, but man nutrition has to be 80-90% of it.
Take care.

Benny
I wouldn't say that lifting is detrimental to biking. Lifting with a focus on muscle strength and gain definitely doesn't go well with cycling unless you're a track sprinter. But lifting for maintenance and wellness is definitely good for you and can work well with cycling which is a low impact sport.

100% nutrition is key. Far too much emphasis can be put on physical activity to burn off the calories. What a lot of people don't understand is that the energy consumed in doing physical activity is actually only a small part of your daily energy consumption, even if you are a very active individual. The vast majority of the calories that you take in are used to just keep you alive and your body functioning.