Old 07-06-20, 01:33 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Here we have the main road-ridden bikes in the fleet. From the front; Cimarron (23"), Paramount (63.5cm), Trek (24") and Nishiki (25"), all measured C-T. That level is level when resting on the top tube cable housing on the Nishiki and Paramount, with the other two about an inch shorter.

The Cimarron has a much higher bottom bracket than the rest, resulting a higher seat. Standover height on them is 33.5 to 34.5. Have not measured my PBH but should probably do so for reference. I've always ridden frames in this range and know from my shop days that I can juuuussst straddle a 27" while wearing shoes. I've shrunk over the decades from 6'1"+ down to about 5'10" but I can still straddle my bikes, though maybe not a 27" anymore. Probably need to shorten some stems but leg extension does not seem to have changed. Cimarron and Trek have upright bars, Paramount and Nishiki have drops. All have triples and low gearing.
Likes For thumpism: