View Single Post
Old 09-21-19, 04:26 PM
djordan

Bikes: 1992 Trek 2100; 1988 Peugeot Versailles; 2006 Motobecane Grand Sprint; 1989 Raleigh Technium 400; 200X Lemond Victoire

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by m3tal070
Subscribed. Nice work!

I also have a 1988 Peugeot Versailles and am going to be doing a little light cleanup and changing out the cartridge. Did you need any special tools to get the original cartridge out? I noticed you have the Bike Hands YC-26BB for the re-installation...can I ask what brand cartridge you chose to replace the original?

Thanks for any replies and input, its not often you come across someone working on the exact same Peugeot. Its been difficult finding detailed tech specs on some Peugeot's and am glad I found this thread. I appreciate any advice.

m3tal070
I'm quite attached to the Versailles. It was just a few hours away from a scrap heap grave when I rescued it.
The rear triangle had been fractured and the entire bike was left out on the street for trash pick up. I took it in, found a frame welder in Brooklyn and then serviced it to riding condition.

The tool used to remove the original bottom bracket is the Park BBT-4
I measured the original BB spindle to be 118.5mm
The closest I could find in a decent replacement square taper is the Shimano UN55 at 68 x 118mm