Old 07-04-19, 10:29 PM
wttrjenkins
Tom

Bikes: Trek Domane AL2 / Genesis Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanks for the replies. I did end up switching to the wider saddle today, also lowered the seat slightly. I think I had it a bit too high. Went 26 miles and its much better. Not perfect but the original bontrager saddle was definitely way too narrow. I think I might need to raise the handlebar but going to try it for awhile. It already has a few small spacers under it and not sure if there is room to raise it more? I've been trying to keep weight off my hands but I think that will come with time, possibly because I'm a bit overweight. I used a backpack today as I was picking up some grocery stuff and was quite loaded down on the return trip. I noticed the offset weight made my hands a little better. Your right that I'm a bit of a newbie, a lot of the stuff I'm dealing with probably relates to that and I will just deal with it. I'm just tweaking this to make sure its as good as I can make it for now. If I am more comfortable I'd likely go for longer rides.

I roughly remeasured my sitbones today and came up with 120 mm again center to center and I think it was approx 160 mm outside to outside but can't remember completely off hand. I'm thinking of getting a brooks b-17 saddle or similar when I can afford just because I've read so much about them.