View Single Post
Old 05-26-20, 07:23 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 2,270 Times in 1,272 Posts
My LBS marks with tape. I don't go often as I enjoy doing the work myself and have most of the tools I need. There are a few times that I just don't have the time and I take it in to a shop that has been around since the seventies and is familiar with my old steel racers. I always get a good job out of them and my bike is always road ready when I pick it up. The only time I can remember a hiccup is when I took my Raleigh Comp GS rear wheel in to have the drive side spokes replaced after a derailleur failed and allowed my chain to mangle the spokes. When I picked up the wheel it didn't have rim tape put back on . When I asked them the guy apologized and went over to the work station where he had my cloth Velox tape rolled up and asked if I wanted him to put it back on for me. He was busy that day and I said thank you , no , I can handle the task and thanked him again for keeping track of things . I was not really concerned that much , but they know how I am about my vintage bikes and are very good about this kind of thing. The wheel was true and that was my main concern, Joe