View Single Post
Old 04-09-18, 05:51 PM
decotriumph

Bikes: 2022 Trek Marlin 7, 2016 Trek FX 7.4, 1987 Schwinn Circuit, 1955 Indian Scout (Phillips)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 15 Posts
Whole 30 Success

I've needed to shed some tonnage for a long time, and have really always battled my weight to some extent. My problem was mostly sugar-related. I like ice cream, dark chocolate, etc. And hamburgers and French fries. An acquaintance in my motorcycle club posted on his Facebook page that he'd lost 29 pounds in 30 days, so I asked him how and he said Whole30.

I looked up the information about the plan and figured it looked like something I could do, so I gave it a try. I lost 30 pounds in my first 30-day round. I took 11 days off and have started Round 2. I seem to have plateaued but have not gained anything back, but that first 30 was with no exercise at all. The weather here has been pretty sucky for late March/early April, but it's getting better now. I went for my first bicycle ride of the season today and I should be able to ride some each day all week. Hopefully I will be able to work off some more weight as I ride through th enext few months. I'd like to lose 30 to 40 more pounds before my 50th class reunion in October. I actually think it's doable; at least 20.

Anyway, I highly recommend the Whole30 to anyone who needs to lose weight and most importantly, get away from eating things that are not good for you. Other people report losing migraines, having more energy, clearer skin, etc.