osco53
Old Fart In Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Observations:

Getting my Scale plus dialed in now.

The most noticeable thing so far Is how less worn out I am at rides end and how much less work I have to do with my upper body. I am completing longer single tracks and longer rides In general without stopping.
The bike holds speed exceptionally well IMO.
I am running the fire roads in and out of the park to the trail head on the big ring and in gear 8 out back all the while pulling a good cadence.

Am completing more single tracks using far less brakes. If I get up a little too much speed It matters little as I can more often throw this bike Into a corner at speed and carry more out the other end.

Think of It this way, Your coming way too hot, you need some serious braking but Its too late to do things smooth.
My 27.5 full suspension would need 20 feet to dump half my speed to make that tight corner.
My 27.5 plus tires, I can squeeze the brakes twice as hard and still not lock up and loose it because I got a much larger contact patch, I need only 10 feet with this bike.
That may not be totally accurate but I feel like I have twice the stopping power and twice the cornering traction over my Spark full squish.
I'm really liking this plus bike..

Last edited by osco53; 11-26-16 at 12:03 PM.