Old 08-19-19, 03:49 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 818 Times in 421 Posts
I've had good luck with LG shoes. The Nickel shoes I've had for over 3 years, but I use SPD mtn cleats on them. They have been on 3 Eroica rides, several gravel rides, and countless club road rides. The recessed cleat allows use of the dreaded toe clips and straps at Eroica time, too. Very versatile, long wearing $39 shoes (from old Nashbar).

I have padded shorts from them, only complaint is that the reflective logo, just curled up and peeled off pretty early. They do seem a little over padded compared to others I have. The LG un padded tights are starting to "pill" and show wear in the seating area. Being in SoCal, I only use these 2 or 3 times a year when its cold enough.

All in all, LG seems no better or worse to me. I too had a strap come off a Pearl Izumi and a Specialized shoe, which the local shoe repair riveted back on, good as new.

Stuff happens.