Old 12-02-19, 04:15 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by cqlink
Not sure if I'm measuring correctly (and hoping someone familiar with a '72 PX-10 frame will chime in) but I'm measuring the seat tube ID with my calipers somewhere around 26.8 or 26.9mm.

I'm 99.9% sure I'll go with a Stronglight 1" french threaded headset. I'm not sure what diameter stem is needed (again hoping somene will chime in) but I prefer a short reach (somewhere around 90-100mm).

Thanks!
They almost always take a 26.4 seatpost. Occasionally they'll be one that takes 26.6, presumably because it needed some extra reaming at the factory.

You should be able to scrounge a Stronglight french HS for pretty cheap. Another stem that will often fit are old 3TTT; even if they are nominally 22.2 they are often undersized. There's always sandpaper.

The point of a PX10 was to sell a race bike that was for all practical purposes performed as well as any racing bike, but at a fraction of the cost. They put money only where it mattered for function. 531 DB frame and some light sew ups is really all you need.