View Single Post
Old 06-24-18, 11:13 AM
Iron Horse

Bikes: Western Flyer, Schwinn, Rollfast, Gambles, J.C. Higgins, Waverley, Crescent, Hercules, Nishiki, Huffy, Mohawk, AMF, Electra, A ridable replica hi-wheel and a few others.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by n0+4c|u3
I had gathered such, but it's not polite to say unless the person in question brings it up.
So, you air a tire up to it's highest static pressure, then you plop your posterior down on it raising it's now non-static (active) pressure to what?
MY point being in my original post is that you either need to lower the pressure in your tires so that your weight doesn't cause the tire to exceed the maximum pressure the tire can handle, or to buy tires that can take what you are doing to them. Clear enough?
MY point was, I was explaining what has worked for me and my bicycle​​ for the OP. I do not NEED to do anything. What I am doing to MY bike, I have done for 30 years. ZERO problems. I will probably continue to do so until I die or until I can no longer ride. End of discussion.

To the OP, my apologies for hijacking your thread. I hope you can find what best works for you. Have a great year, and enjoy your ride.