View Single Post
Old 03-31-19, 09:07 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
The features of the TSDZ2 are impressive. Does it install on any ISO/English or (British Standard) 1.37 in x 24 TPI Bottom Bracket Shell? Could it be installed on a carbon fiber frame?
I wouldn't put it on a CF frame, it has nothing to do with whether it will work. It seems that the point of a CF frame is to have a good push-bike, not a good e-bike. I got a cheap Bikes Direct bike for a doner. The main thing I was looking for in the BD bike I went with was hydraulic brakes. Yes, I would have liked Full-Suspension; but I saw none that fit my needs ( a good place for the battery).

Other than the motor I have added a set of metal fenders, the light kit that came with the motor, and my L&M 800 headlight. I have also added a set of Wald folding baskets and a rear rack (after all, once the motor is added, weight is less of an issue).

The remaining changes I will make will be to install the triangle bag in order to centralize the battery weight, I have ordered a set of street "E" rated tyres to replace the knobbies that the BD bike came with, and a nuvinci transmission.

Obviously, this is more of an errand and commuting bike than a "fun" bike. I really would not recommend CF, keep that for your weekend "fun" bike.

Before this one, I had an REI Gotham with a front geared hubmotor. It also had a belt drive (liked that a lot) and a NuVinci transmission (also great on an e-bike). I had also added hydraulic brakes. I ended up long term loaning it to my sister.