Old 12-09-19, 08:24 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
To try to herd cats ... I know how to avoid conflict, and now that I work from a home office, I ride at times and routes that avoid being harassed. But (to repeat) that's not always an option and not the point of this thread.

When I was a bike commuter, the last mile into/out of my office was a nightmare ever.single.time. We will never build a bike lane for the last mile to every single destination.

We need to advocate ways to co-exist on the existing infrastructure. That is the point of this thread, finding ways to work with city staff and PD to create a community where using a bike on the road isn't an invite to have a person driving an SUV to punish pass, honk, yell, and generally intimidate people biking. When people that ride bikes 'hide' from the conflict, the harassers have won.

Couple ideas I will work with:

I will create a group ride with local PD to ride some of the common routes, talk about the conflict we experience while riding, and brainstorm with them about ways they can help educate people driving cars.

I have already and will continue to push for updated signs in our town:

Reference: https://road.cc/content/news/203414-...full-lane-ones

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 12-16-19 at 09:52 AM. Reason: fix typo