Old 01-02-20, 09:50 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by KC8QVO
What I asked was:

The question was to the group to illustrate how they are able to achieve those numbers.

As far as my riding goes, I was wanting a comparison to see the above, and the other way around - a comparison for those that are hitting high miles the other end of the spectrum (not sure that really matters or is of interest, but the comparison is at least a 2-way street here).

As to my goal for next year - I set that back at 1500. I think that is a reasonable number that fits how I ride. There is no need for competition, other than some riding motivation. What I would like to try to do differently this year is to not loose my riding shape. I am in Ohio and the 2 worst winter weather months are historically January and February = now on. If I can make it through those months with a few 15-30 mile rides that would be great. Even better would be some weekend "day tours" in the 40-60 range. We'll see how it works out.

I did make some gear changes (namely warm boots with SPD cleats) that allow cold weather riding comfort. Down in to the 30's I'm a lot more comfortable. So that right there is a huge bonus for stretching the riding season. I don't know how much colder I could ride, though. If temperatures were in the mid-40's or above I would consider a day tour (lows in the mid-40's, highs 50-60). If highs are in the mid-40's (lows hopefully around or above freezing) then that would hold my miles back to a smaller 15-30mi ride.

Sorry if I misunderstood the point of this thread, but part of the process of getting my miles higher has been getting faster. It's kind of a circular thing, the more you ride the faster you get, and the faster you get the more you can ride in a given time.

Like I said, I keep track of miles because it motivates me a bit to push the speed, but it's all about having a fitness program I find fun.
Likes For livedarklions: