View Single Post
Old 04-11-20, 09:56 AM
jonwvara 

Bikes: 1966 Dawes Double Blue, 1976 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1975 Raleigh Sprite 27, 1980 Univega Viva Sport, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1984 Lotus Classique, 1976 Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 351 Posts
Trade for my Dawes Double Blue

I've had this 1967 Dawes Double Blue for about a dozen years (date is an estimate from the date code on the original Wrights saddle). I fully overhauled it with new bearings, etc., soon after I got it. It rides really well. But I don't ride it enough. The old "too many bikes" story.

It has a 25" frame. Barely used Wrights saddle, which I bought to replace the rock-hard original. I built the wheels on a set of NOS Normandy Sport rims on 27" Mavic MA40 rims. Otherwise pretty much all original except for front and rear derailleurs. No dents or frame damage, but lots of patina. I have more photos, but am only posting a couple of them to give a general flavor of the bike overall and the aforementioned patina. Happy to respond to any questions.

I need a set of quality 700c clincher wheels appropriate for an early-70s French bike. Also a long-cage Simplex RD and a non-plastic Simplex FD and a set of Mafac brake calipers--Competition or Racers.

Okay, I'll get out of my own way now.

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long."
--Ogden Nash