View Single Post
Old 09-06-20, 08:37 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
Actually, in my experience getting out of bike shorts and airing them out and getting my body aired out is the key more so than washing. I have gone on multi week and multi month tours with one pair of bike shorts that got rinsed out fairly frequently, got laid out in the sun sometimes, and washed thoroughly once in a while without issues. I do find it critical that I get out of my shorts and into something airy asap after riding. I tend to wear short running shorts with a light mesh brief in camp and to sleep. Washing up is good, but airing out even more critical imo.
getting out of bike shorts immediately I agree is super important.
Not washing and just airing out really does depend on how the shorts are....I just find it a no brainer to quickly wash my shorts and stuff in the shower with me and immediately towel roll dry them as much as possible and get them out into some sun and air to dry.
Sure, there are times we cant wash them, but I personally find its always better to have clean shorts. Of course havent always, but if able, washing is a better bet, from my experience.
The main thing is for anyone to find a routine that works out for them and not to have any saddlesore issues.