View Single Post
Old 08-11-20, 10:30 AM
bubbafat

Bikes: Trek Verve 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 7 Posts
First bike for this big fella - seat post clamp suggestions?

5'11" 275lb.

Prior to this July, the last time I successfully rode a bike was probably 25-30 years ago. I lived on my Huffy as a kid but only tried once as an adult. I popped up on a bike at a big-box store and almost immediately and bent the crap out of a seat post and decided I was just too fat for a bike - I was 360lbs at the time.

Then a few weeks ago my wife and I were camping in VA and decided to check out High Bridge State Park. We found a bike rental place and I was assured that at 275lbs I would have no problem on their bikes (big heavy cruisers). We had a great time and decided that we'd like to look into biking more.

Fast forward a week and a bartender says "Ya'll need to check out Trek bikes - I love mine". He's not 275 but he's at least 240 so it sounds like they are well made. So we headed over to the local Trek store and I got the last Verve 2 in my size and my wife got the Verve 2+ ebike. I picked it up on Sunday and love it.

Well - there is one issue - I need a stronger seat post clamp. Any suggestions (it's a 28.6)?

Anyway - I kept landing in this forum while googling questions so I figured it's probably the place to be.

Cheers!
Likes For bubbafat: