ChuckD6421 

Bikes: 2013 Trek Domane 5.2; 1986 Cannondale R800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pbpbbq
Hello,

I'd call myself a mid-size Hefty Boy: 6' on the nose and between 230 to 240 lbs. I'm in my mid thirties and have been riding since I was 19, first in Boston, then in New York, and now again in Boston. My rides and rolling weights:
  • Viscount Aerospace GP, 2x6 and later 1x freewheel, ages 19-21, 154 to 165 lbs, Boston and a few visits to NY
  • Bianchi Pista, 1x fixed, ages 21-29, 165 to 210 lbs, NY and an ill-conceived trip to Cape Cod
  • Raleigh Professional MkV, 2x6, ages 29 to now, Boston
I've had time on my hands this summer. I overhauled the Raleigh and have been riding a few days each week, usually between 15 and 20 miles each trip. It'd be nice if the good things I'm doing (riding, salads, etc) conspired to drop my number down to something like 220. But if that doesn't happen, I at least feel pretty decent when I ride, though I get a little pain in my wrists and knees now and then, and do sympathize with the plight of my rims (though I can at least blame road quality a bit for that). I'm thinking often about sourcing an older MTB frame, cleaning it up, adding some drops, and using it as my cushy alternate.

Best luck to you all, glad to have found this forum,
Jonathan
Welcome J.
We're nearly the same size, but I'm about 10 lbs. south of you (and about 300 miles west).
Aside from the days when I could easily burn 7000 calories in one day training for road racing (in a previous century), the only way I can reliably drop pounds is no food after 9pm. And that's why I'm still a Clyde.
Weight loss begins in the kitchen, that's no lie!