Old 04-10-12, 09:17 PM
seaphoto1

Bikes: ca.1992 Diamondback Master TG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all, first post here. I couldn't resist it any longer. This thread is awesome...it's amazing how great a 20+ year old bike can look with a little bit of love! Mine isn't an Ironman, but it's the slightly younger cousin/sibling, Diamondback Master TG with the Shimano 105 components. Still trying to determine actual build year. I bought it for dirt cheap (60 bucks!) a year ago, and rode the heck out of it after only replacing the tires (dry, cracked gum sidewalls...). During the off-time over the winter, I developed a little bit of upgrade-itis after a brief battle with "replace-it-itis". I decided the bike is too unique to get rid of and for the fit and function of what it provides....spending 1000+ for "same level components in something new" was a stretch...so I strategically replaced a few parts to slightly edit the fit/function/fashion aspects (shorter stem, wider range rear cassette, slightly smaller front small chainring, new wheels), and voila! I've been lovin' with this bike from day one of ownership, despite is overwhelming pinkness, and now...well, I wonder why I ever wanted to get rid of it at all. It's definitely a conversation piece. It does everything I need and want in a bike, in a package that not many others can say "yeah, it looks just like mine" :-D