Old 05-01-16, 03:45 PM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
5'10 on 54cm specialized roubaix

Hello all

Just curious what kind of opinions y'all have about someone my size riding a 54cm roubaix, I was looking at a used 2011 model... my current bikes are all older traditional flat top tube road and touring bikes, both measure 55cm centre of BB to centre of top tube. I never had issues with my road bike from the fit but the ride was fairly harsh.

I'm interested in riding longer distances with a bit more speed than I manage on my miyata 1000. I set it up with the French fit results (from competitive cyclist calc.) and it seems to have mostly worked for me so far. Previously I had the saddle too far back and I think that was the cause of a pulled calf muscle. I pulled the same again a few weeks ago on a 135km populaire but I managed to finish before it got as bad as it did last year. I felt good enough to go out and do 50km yesterday on the miyata with the saddle as far forward as I can get it without an inline seatpost and I didn't have any pain afterward or this morning so it seems I'm in the ballpark with that bike now.

Here's the measurements my partner took of me for the competitive cyclists' fit calculator
Inseam: 31.75
Trunk: 26.5
Forearm: 14
Arm: 26.5
Thigh: 23
Lower Leg: 22
Sternal Notch: 57.5
Total Body Height: 69.5

I've always felt that I have shorter legs and a longer torso so I am kind of confused if I should size down and get a longer stem or go the opposite route.