Old 01-10-20, 12:22 AM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I have to enter a time card every week at work. It's kind of stupid, because I just put down 8 hours every day, but processes.

Anyway, if my manager does not approve my time card, the system emails Me about it. Not my manager. So, I then have to forward the email to him to ask him to approve the time card.
Originally Posted by Cypress
I also have to do the time card thing. I have to list which projects I've been working on daily (up to 15 per day), even if it's a job we don't yet have a contract for or we've already invoiced (dead for accounting purposes). I usually just BS it. Accounting and everyone else knows I BS it and they are totally ok with it...but yet I still have to do it. A yearly salary would be a nice way to get rid of the paperwork, but I'd end up getting a pay cut in the long run.
When I worked in private sector, I did weekly time sheets accounting for time down to the 0.1 hour. It was terrible.

I've since moved into public work and the timesheet process is a breeze, but obnoxious. I just enter 8 hours a day across a single billing code, yay. The pain is the system is about 20 years out of date and relies on too many eyes in the review process.