Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 01:36 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22610 Post(s)
Liked 8,934 Times in 4,164 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize
Went to the bank, yesterday, to withdraw 27,000 pesos to pay the health insurance bill. Couldn't do it without my passport. This morning I returned with passport. Couldn't do it without a copy, and he knew full well no copy places open today. Whew! That was close. But he didn't know I had a copy at home. Return with copy, and spend the next hour and a half trying to devise an excuse as to why it can't be done. The ultimate answer? A digital copy is not acceptable. And on top of that, the passport itself is not acceptable.
At thispoint I ask if there is a limit above which it becomes more difficult to do, because all their literature says unlimited withdrawals. Yes 5000.is the ultimate limit. But we're not going to tell you that. We're gonna dance around it, sweating bullets for an hour an a half, implicating workmates, with their fingerprints, so that I can't be held accountable by myself, in case I can't worm out.
After it's all said and done, I figured out it's likely the fact that I'm a foreigner in a tiny town. A town where they never see US passports. I remember back a couple years when I opened the account, it took the entire day, because the home office just didn't want to do it. But wouldn't come out and say it. The guy I'd been working with all day finally shamed them into doing it. That should have been a tip off.
​​​​​​
#Funstuff
The $64,000 question is this,: Will I remember it next time?
​​​​​​
Solution? 5000/day from the teller and 7500/day from the atm.
Can’t you just pay online with an electronic funds transfer? That’s how we pay our bills, mostly.