Old 08-11-20, 07:23 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by Medium Size Dog
This is a question for francophile who mentioned having handlebars. I'm hoping to replace some 70's steel with lighter weight stuff. The bars pictured are i guess what's called shallow drop. These measure 38.5cm outside to outside at the caps so 40 or 42 would be OK. Diameter at the stem attachment is 25mm tapering to 23 overall. The seatpost is 25mm. Is this something you have in your stash? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please email to mediumsizedog@yahoo.com. Thanks!
I have way too many handlebars, I took another batch of half a dozen to a co-op on Saturday. Looks like a François Belleri stem you have there ... Doesn't look like I have anything to match your bar needs at the moment. For seat posts, I have several straight posts like you're showing. All of the alloys are 26.0 and larger. I have a bunch of straight steel posts.

Originally Posted by Flying G
Hi Francophile and Others,
Am looking for the hex bolt used to mount Simplex rear derailleurs and hope that you might have one to spare. Happy to reimburse you via PP. Photos below show what I’m looking for. I think that the hex bolt might be universal for Simplex?
Thx!
Not sure if anything in this world is Universal, but yes, I have a very large graveyard of Simplex stuff and quite a pile of NOS Simplex stuff as well. I definitely have a used rear fixing bolt - is that not your derailleur pictured, with the bolt?