View Single Post
Old 08-12-20, 03:14 PM
Flying G

Bikes: 1971 Gitane TDF, 1974 Gitane Interclub, 2001 Serotta Rapid Tour CS3, 1986 Bruce Gordon touring bike, 1972 Gitane Super Corsa, 1978 Michal Johnson, 1972 Lambert Professional Grand Prix, 1983 Vitus (resto project), 1972 Raleigh Professional (resto)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
I have way too many handlebars, I took another batch of half a dozen to a co-op on Saturday. Looks like a François Belleri stem you have there ... Doesn't look like I have anything to match your bar needs at the moment. For seat posts, I have several straight posts like you're showing. All of the alloys are 26.0 and larger. I have a bunch of straight steel posts.

Not sure if anything in this world is Universal, but yes, I have a very large graveyard of Simplex stuff and quite a pile of NOS Simplex stuff as well. I definitely have a used rear fixing bolt - is that not your derailleur pictured, with the bolt?
Thanks for the offer to send a rear fixing bolt but Burtinjim has already popped one in the mail that should do the trick. It is also good to know that you have a large graveyard of Simplex stuff as I need to repair a few more shifters and derailleurs in the fall and winter. In answer to your last question, that bolt was pulled from another rear derailleur just to make sure that it fit and I was looking for the right one.
Best to all,
Flying G