Thread: Too old to BMX
View Single Post
Old 09-24-20, 02:48 PM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Heck yeah man nice bikes!!! Good job on going for it!!!! I'm right there with you in the boat. Although you are doing more physical stuff than I am. Right now I'm just doing my 10-15 minute sessions. Not every night as much. We had a bunch of rain and I got in the habit of not going every night. I will try and get back to every night but I'm kind of up and down with being tired at that time. I do ride my 2 miles rain or shine on a different bike. Many times with my wife. That one is even more important to me cuz I'm getting good exercise and I spend time with my wife doing it some nights. She doesn't always but she does a lot in the summer. Don't know when it will be time for her to hang it up this year. It's up and down with hot and cold. She doesn't like going much under 60 degrees. LOL.

I totally get what you're saying about being our age and thining.... hmmmmm how much longer will I be able to do this. I'm trying to make the most of a lot of things right now!!!! None of us know how long we got. I mean it's in God's hands but I mean.....

So... if you go check out my instagram @SilentNightSun.... my last post was of me landing a footjam tailwhip and being so excited. Over 8 months I've been working on the trick. Getting closer and closer. I had been getting over the bike quite a bit. Even got my feet on the pedals again sometimes but always had to put my foot down from losing balance. Well two nights ago I nailed it. Probably fakied further than I ever have after swinging the bike around and got back on fakied a little and rolled off. Wooooooohoooooooo !!!! I mean how cool is it to be a 48 year old lyme disease fighter to be able to footjam tail whip. I also have been doing 720 no lift bar spins. Love those. I know, nothing earth shattering but still freaking fun to me.

And yeah, I wanna free coaster. I've been spending my money on music stuff lately. I'm a singer songwriter and I got together with an old drrummer of mine and we're making music of mine. We used to be in a band together back in the 90's. We both were in quite a few over the years but we always got along really well. I play drums too and bought myself a drum set for 50 bucks off facebook. LOL. Just to shake the rust off. I may try to play drums at church down the road. They are in need of more drummers.

Anyways... But yeah I want a freecoaster pretty bad. I have plastic cult pegs on the right side. I'm still not wanting to put 2 more on. LOL. I guess I'm a half of a flatlander at this point. LOL.

Thanks for checking in and thanks for posting pics!!!!

Likes For 3S1M: