Old 06-29-19, 11:29 PM
nivalu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
I'm perpetually seeking a good fit, next time I'll use the LBS near me.

Anyway how are your arms extended when you're riding? You want them to be slightly bent towards an L shape. You mentioned rotating the bars? So that the drop bar ends are higher or so that the brake hoods are higher?

Do you have a threadless stem that you can easily flip or is it an older quill stem?

When I bought my new pair of gloves my hands got numb again. For me raising my bar height helped numbness.

The saddle pain will probably diminish, I've gone from mtb to road and there's different pressure point areas. Chamois creme helps, sometimes shorts with less padding also helps. Is your saddle slammed backwards even with a setback post?
no, the saddle was kinda arbitrarily set--i asked to have my saddle angled up because my minitool wasnt reaching the adjustment bolts on the new seatpost that well.....the lbs guy did it but it was wayy too extreme. i had a long ride the next day and struggled to get it readjusted on my own, so the seat fore/aft was a mess...then when i finally found someone to fix it, again, it just was put wherever. that was fine with me because the main point was to be able to ride without it crushing me so bad!

there should be some space to slide it back a little at least.

yeah i think my hands were worse with the gloves. they were too small anyway ---salesperson told me that gloves get bigger over time smh.....anyway i dont even bring them anymore.

the stem is one of these:

my arms are closer to an L shape now ...i always felt they were too straight before.

the purpose of rotating the bars up a little was so that the hoods would be higher/closer to me.