Old 07-25-16, 08:25 AM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclintom
This would kill 9 out of 10 people which WHY you are required to wear seatbelts in your car. Working from memory most people that are killed in auto accidents are doing 25 mph combined speed.
I'd check that memory. While many fatal accidents are low speed car crashes, they generally involve one of a few factors such as elderly drivers whose bodies are not as able to absorb an impact or a side impact. 6000# of truck hitting my car six inches from my shoulder at 25MPH is a lot more impact for my body to absorb than my 210# hitting the ground (or a tree, been there done that) at the same speed. If a 35MPH crash would kill 9 out of 10 people, there should have been numerous deaths at the TdF this year. Spoiler alert: there were none. Heck, I've wrecked a motorcycle at 45, had nothing to show for it but a sore ankle and a messed up nose.

Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
"Send CF bikes to me" has been proposed by many now. This request is tired and and no longer humorous. Why would anyone give away bikes they could SELL to riders who are unconcerned of the higher risk of catastrophic failure... and the results of such?
Because charging for such a death trap to an unscrupulous buyer would be a very unethical. We merely want them knowing full well the dangers to properly dispose of them

Originally Posted by cyclintom
And here I thought that "you are correct, Mr. Kunich, when you observe that our frames are built for racing conditions far more severe that the bumps you hit in your recent rides. Indeed, as you probably know, the C-40 and C-50 (which share the identical technology) still hold the record for most victories in the Paris-Roubaix. However frames used by professionals are used for one, or maximum two seasons after which they are either destroyed or sold (by the teams themselves) to private individuals with the understanding that they are purchasing them at their sole risk and responsibility."

was pretty plainly saying that Colnago will deny responsibility for any damage after 2 years. "after which they are destroyed"

At least you'll learn for yourself.
No, it is saying that the bikes are designed to last for two years for a professional cyclist. Autos are designed for a 10yr/100k lifecycle, and yet the average age of vehicles on the road today has risen to 11.5 years. If we transpose that logic, that means over half the vehicles on the road today are unsafe and ready to fall apart at a moments notice, something that simply is not true. We do see, however, that the overwhelming majority of vehicles have no problem hitting the 10 year AND 100k mark without major issue.

And comparing how professional racers use a bike on one of the most notoriously hard-on-road-bike races in the world to how they are supposed to be used by amateurs is simply silly.