View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 08:33 AM
cyclintom

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Basso Loto, Pinarello Stelvio, Redline Cyclocross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveWC
Ha ha ha. That's rich. You have the ability to detect that the carbon fork was the cause of your inability to steer. I don't know why that type of evidence didn't cause Colnago to send you buckets of cash. Maybe logic tells them that a 25mph crash into a rock wall is more likely the cause of the crack, and the 35mph jaunt over a large bump is more likely the cause of the crash. Your lofty opinion of your ability aside... Occam's razor just cut your story to shreds.

Btw, you've taken to attacking my intelligence.... both for my apparent "stories" that are mere repetitions of your words that you've seemingly forgotten plus my lack of concern for my safety after you've detailed the huge risk I take while riding carbon. For my part I question the intelligence of someone who in 2006 decided that carbon bikes have a two year life...

"if you want to spend big bucks on a high zoot paperlite frame don't be surprised that it will only last a year or two. THAT'S what they were designed for - not a lifetime of use."

In 2009 suffered a catastrophic failure of a carbon fork...

"On December 17, 2009, I was riding down a bicycle trail. My ITM carbon fiber fork simply came unglued on one side and the other broke off dumping me on my face and knocking me out for over 5 minutes."

And now almost 8 years later you've finally decided to warn us that carbon bikes only last 2 years after faceplanting into a wall after yet another ride on your 10+ year old carbon bike. So I'm stupid for ignoring your advice, having had zero problems with my carbon bikes over the last 20 years, but you think you're splitting atoms given your history? Hilarious. Your actions belie your credentials.
Before you could understand any of this you'd have to be a bike rider and you plainly are not. As I explained to others I had NO CLAIMS to Colnago and was only looking to discover the service life and possibly a source of a new fork.

It was THEIR response that carbon fiber is unsafe at any speed.