Old 05-03-19, 11:06 PM
Ultralight
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Robmac123
I've been a long-time lurker on here, having talked myself out of being a backer originally as I couldn't convince myself to take the risk. I followed this thread for a long time and, if I'm honest, I had become pretty pessimistic about the chances of the bikes materializing as time went on. I had probably written it off as never gonna happen about a year ago and hadn't checked back here in quite a while.
Even though I don't have a horse in the race I'm still delighted that bikes are getting delivered, albeit slowly.
Of course, now I wish I had pulled the trigger and would be getting my bike in the next few months. I'm still sold on the product and will no doubt will be in line for one at some point once production catches up with the backlog. No doubt I'll be paying a lot more than I would have done as a backer :-(
Kudos to everyone who took the chance on what looks like it has turned out to be a really nice bike. I never would have thought it would come good after so long.
I hear you on the risk. Bikes up to 30 has now shipped it seems so the production is starting to accelerate. I had a long exhausting day and upon soming home right before sunset, pointed my Helix up hill and went for a 20 minutes hard ride. Still marveling at how nicely it rides. So yes, I do recommend it and now when you order, there is confidence that you will indeed get the bike barring anything catastrophic.