View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 05:31 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1453 Post(s)
Liked 2,196 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner
Hmm, here’s a BF post that tips over the proverbial apple cart:

https://www.bikeforums.net/21205571-post30.html

That BFer reports picking up an H. Tano-built frame directly from H. Tano in Kobe!

And then there’s this H. Tano brochure on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-ORI....m46890.l49292

Hmm.
Neal, I read your post late last night and headed to bed. Your information haunted my thoughts and kept me awake. Mostly it was the picture of brodycycle 's all white, nearly devoid of decals,Tano (Centurian?)!

What in your post plagued me and kept me from blissful slumber, you ask?

You brought this whole C&V Orthodoxy (theological, sic.) discussion back full circle to my post #12 back on page 1 of this mind numbing and often frustrating thread.

Orthodoxy in my line of work is determined by Creeds and what we Presbyterians call "Confessions of Faith" (not to be confused with "confession of sin" done in the presence of a priest).

One of the original Creeds, The Nicene, in part, was written to refute and make unorthodox, the Gnostic interpretation of Jesus. Gnosticism stated Jesus was never human flesh and blood. Instead, he was a spiritual (or ghostly) entity which only gave the illusion of being human. The Gnostic reasoning for their deduction was based on their flawed human logic that a perfect God would never be manifested in an imperfect human body (please excuse this oversimplification, but I want to keep this brief).

The early church leaders turned to the Gospels in the Bible to refute the Gnostic philosophy, wrote their Creed, thus removing Gnosticism from the orthodox church.

Is the picture of brodycycle's ghostly white, Tano made, Centurian replacement frameset, a Gnostic illusion? Is it possible that it only appears to be a Tano manufactered bicycle, and in reality, on some higher level of existence, it is something altogether different? Is there a Creed (i.e. an official Serial Number guide printed by the manufacturer) that we can consult? Please answer since I cannot endure another sleepless night!

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Likes For pastorbobnlnh: