View Single Post
Old 02-04-18, 01:21 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
I just posted about my CCRT ride today on another thread;

No rain to be seen all morning. I got the the Dennis parking lot shortly before 7:00am and headed East. The chain link fence is in the same exact spot as it was in September. Just as I recall and Rumrunner6's picture shows. I executed an about face and rode the whole trail to Wellfleet. It was mostly clear dry pavement with plenty of small patches of ice and almost as many really large patches of ice. The studded 30mm Schwalbe Winters were oh so clackety. So much more than my 2" 2 row Winter Marathons. I think it's because they are so much more narrow that the studs make continual contact. I have them at 80 psi which resulted in a bumpier ride. They were admittedly heavy and made for a slower than expected ride. I didn't see another cyclist the whole time, just a few joggers and dog walkers. When I wasn't focused on staying upright while passing over ice I was lost in a daydream of past summer rides in all their scenic sun drenched glory.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Av...ePFq76thZNAu6R