View Single Post
Old 08-05-18, 02:05 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
I had to take the kids to the grandparents this weekend, so of course I brought my trusty Smoothie along. It's 21 pounds of steely plushness and my casual Joie de vivre approach ensured that nobody's Strava KOM's were threatened by me today. I covered the Old Colony trail first and from the rotary on the trail I rejoined the CCRT. As I approached Nickerson State Park I suddenly realized that today was the PMC. it got a little crowded for a few miles, their route parted with the CCRT but rejoined it later. The return trip was a bit white nuckled as I was relegated to a 6" patch of asphalt while pacelines raced each other. I have the phrase "bike up" stuck in my head, a testament to the alertness of so many riders experienced with groups. I breathed easy once I was past them for good. when all was said and done I rode 62 miles.

I also brought and left 4 fully packed panniers for this weeks ride on my 520. 5 days 4 nights. I won't need the panniers or their contents for that 100 mile slog from Waltham to Mashpee so I figured I'd cheat and pre position them for my arrival tomorrow afternoon!