View Single Post
Old 08-05-18, 03:22 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
Sounds like quite a ride you have set up, looking forward to hearing about it.

rod
I’ll start with the mostly unloaded 520. The only things in the panniers is my Hiplock and tool/patch kit pouch. They could easily fit in one pannier but I like the balanced look of both instead of just one. They’ll get swapped with the loaded Ortliebs and stay there until my next visit. The handlebar bag will contain granola bars, Gu, phone and sunblock. I was contemplating pre positioning the 520 and riding the Smoothie for day 1 but I don’t know when I’ll be back down to get the bike. Instead I’ll just suck it up and ride the heavy 520 but at least it’s 25 lbs lighter without the panniers! Tuesday I’ll ride from Mashpee to the Shining Sea path to the ferry terminal for a 2 night stay at the campground on the Vineyard. Thursday I’ll take the ferry to Hyannis and ride to Nickerson where I’ll spend the night before taking the Friday afternoon high speed ferry to Boston and then home. My goal is to rack up at least 50 miles each day after Monday’s haul which should be around 100.

The rest of the time will be spent in my beach chair (actually it’s a lightweight camp chair) on the beach with a book and a carbonated beverage of choice