View Single Post
Old 08-06-18, 08:25 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
As I approached Nickerson State Park I suddenly realized that today was the PMC. it got a little crowded for a few miles, their route parted with the CCRT but rejoined it later. The return trip was a bit white nuckled as I was relegated to a 6" patch of asphalt while pacelines raced each other. I have the phrase "bike up" stuck in my head, a testament to the alertness of so many riders experienced with groups. I breathed easy once I was past them for good. when all was said and done I rode 62 miles.
Been there, sort of done that a few years ago. On the return, I bailed onto 6A and the center of Orleans Main Street to Main Street. Much less white knuckled, and rejoined the trail where the throngs were on the roads. BTW, it's not a race, but there are always a few "pacelines"....

Originally Posted by mr_bill
From Sunday morning, in the middle of a 37 mile early morning ride in the drizzle around the Cape, I heard some cheering off in the distance. Followed the cheering to across the street from Cape Code Sea Camps, where the campers (with homemade whale hats), lined Old Kings Highway (6A) in Brewster and cheered and cheered and cheered and cheered. Cowbells, Whistles, Clappers, even a few Vuvuzelas.

The smiles on the riders faces? Priceless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5toNpuIhpE

-mr. bill
-mr. bill